Thursday, January 24, 2013

When my memory fails me

Here's something weird about me.  OK, that's a loaded statement because there are many, many weird things about me.  But here's just one.  I love to reminisce, but I have the worst memory ever!  Maybe that's why I like to reminisce so much.  Because I don't remember things & I need people to remind me.  Or maybe it's because I remember things so much better than they actually were.  Or maybe it's because it's an escape from whatever is troubling me at the current moment.  Whatever the reason, I just like it.  Today, as I was cleaning, I came across a photo book I had made of the kids from 2010.  I was almost in tears as I flipped through the pages.  My babies were still babies then.  Their faces were chubby & when they smiled their cheesiest smiles, their eyes totally went away!  I feel like so much of my life as a mother has been a total blur.  People warn you that kids grow up fast.  But what they don't tell you is that you don't remember most of it.  At least I don't.  So, I decided then and there to start a new blog & be dedicated to posting regularly.  I used to have one, but without going into details, it accidentally got deleted.  DELETED.  I was heartbroken.  Dramatic as it may sound.  Devastated.  All those memories...just gone.  With one accidental click.
But, I will move on.  I will stop my pouting & whining about the other one being gone & I will start new.  Not because I have anything that witty to say or because my life is fabulous.  But because I don't want to forget.  The day to day routines of life seem boring to most (including me sometimes), but those are what make up our lives.  And since I can't rely on my brain to help me remember, I shall blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad that you're blogging again!! I loved reading your old one and getting to see your daily moments & your heart as a Momma!! Hope this one can capture even more of the memories you have with three kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS- I WOULD be DEVASTATED if my blog was deleted! I'm so sorry! I wondered why your blog went away- I'm so glad you are back online so I can see you exceptionally precious cute babies! Yay!

    ReplyDelete