Thursday, February 28, 2013

You are my Sunshine

We all know that song.  It's a catchy little tune we all sing to our kiddos at one point or another.  It's also a bit cliche, in my (former) opinion.  But, if you stop & really listen to the words, it is oh so precious.  Especially when you think about someone you adore.  Which brings me to the topic of this post....my sweet Blaise.  Anyone who knows this precious child falls in love with him.  He just so happens to be the easiest human to love.  I seriously tell Bobby at least once a day that Blaise is my best friend.  He just laughs & thinks I'm crazy.  Which I am.  Crazy in love with this baby boy.  He brings me so much joy!  It's my theory that I didn't soak up Gabe's "babyhood" because he was my first & I just didn't get how fast it would go by. Not to mention, I was sick & pregnant with another baby before he was 5 months old.  Then came precious Gianna.  Who, from what I can remember, was the sweetest baby.  But, her "babyhood" was also a blur because, well, I had a newborn & a 1 year old.  Life was insane.  It was good, but insane.  So, we decided to have a little break before we had another.  And then came Blaise, 3 1/2 years later.  I had had time to catch my breath & I now understood how fast babies grow.  I was committed to soak up every second of his "babyhood".  And I have.  I truly do adore this child.  He has this larger than life personality squished into this tiny little body.  It's incredible to watch him play.  And eat.  And drink.  And laugh.  And cry.  And sleep.  He is a wonder!  We all are just smitten by our little peanut!   


"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.  You make me happy, when skies are gray.  You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.  Please don't take my sunshine away."


No comments:

Post a Comment